Trying to keep your makeup from melting in the hot summer sun is a challenge. These are my tips for keeping your makeup in place:
- Wear the least amount of makeup you can when the temperatures rise
Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen ($37) – this is a great choice because it works as a primer, moisturizer, light foundation, anti aging treatment, and sunscreen all in one.
- Use a creme blush
Bite Beauty Multistick ($24) – this can be used on your cheeks, eyes, and lips. It would be great to use on days when you are short on time and to keep in your bag for touch-ups.
- Before applying your powder use a blotting sheet. Apply your powder sparingly with a puff or sponge if you have one. If applying with a brush, tap the powder on.
- When using mascara, choose a smudge free formula and then apply a waterproof topcoat
- If wearing eye shadow, apply a primer first then your shadow. Lastly set it with your face powder.
- Set everything and give yourself some more sun protection with this
Bring your blotting sheets and setting mist with you to touch-up and refresh your makeup when needed. These steps will keep your face from melting and you’ll look great all summer long. XOXO Michelle