I have found a quick and easy anti-aging routine that contains ingredients that have been proven to work. I add in masks and peels a couple times a week and am always trying new products, but this is my ride or die skin care routine.
- Morning and night I wash my face with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ($13). This contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
- I also recommend Cetaphil ($9) for normal to oily skin if your skin is oily and prone to breakouts. Don’t thoroughly dry your face after washing because your moisturizer etc. can penetrate better on damp skin.
- Next apply vitamin C. Vitamin C fights free radical damage and helps to brighten your skin. I like Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum ($27). It not only contains vitamin C but also has hyaluronic acid and ferulic acid. Hyaluronic acid is something you definitely need in your anti-aging regimen. It attracts and holds moisture in your skin.
- Normally sunscreen would come next but I prefer to use a BB cream that contains sunscreen, moisturizer, and a light foundation. My favorite is Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 ($42). You can refer to my prior post about BB and CC creams for more information on which one is right for your skin type.
- You must make sure you wash your face at night. Even if you stayed out late and crawled to bed you still need to make sure you wash your face. Keep a stash of face wipes in your bedside table for these occasions.
- The most important thing (other than your sunscreen) in your anti-aging arsenal is retinol. Retinol helps to unclog pores and boost collagen (reduces fine lines and speeds cell turnover to even out discoloration and smooth the skin). I like CeraVe Skin Renewing Serum ($14). I have also read great things about Body Merry Pro-A Serum ($16) but haven’t tried it yet. Any time you use a serum or lotion, don’t just put it on your face. Spread it on your neck, chest, and the back of your hands.
There are so many different products and ingredients out there that claim to help with anti-aging. It can be very confusing and overwhelming. It’s fun to try new products but it’s important to have a good everyday regimen in place that contains hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, sunscreen, and retinol.
I hope this post helps to clear up some questions about anti-aging products and inspires you to have a good skin regimen of your own. XOXO Michelle